Nathi Mankayi claims it was him who was robbed

Nathi Mankayi claims it was him who was robbed
Nathi Mankayi claims it was him who was robbed

Nathi Mankayi claims it was him who was robbed. Award winning afro pop star Nathi Mankayi has posted a video detailing why he was in court on Tuesday.

Nathi Mankayi says in the video he uploaded to his Twitter account that the reports that have been circulating that he was arrested in connection with a business robbery he allegedly committed are false. He didn’t rob anyone, but it was him who was robbed.

He says that the person that the papers are claiming was robbed by him actually works for him. So in essences robbing him would be like robbing himself.

He says he isn’t behind bars as you can clearly see him in the video.

Nathi Mankayi was once arrested in the Eastern Cape following a robbery and served time for that. This was well before his afro pop fame.

He says it is sad that people use his past to try and bring him down. Even though that was a long time ago and he has since changed and moved on from that.

Sowetan who first ran the story have reportedly said “We stand by our story. This was confirmed by the South African Police Service to the Sowetan that Mr Mankayi had been arrested and charged with business robbery. Sowetan has not received any complaints from Mr Mankayi or his manager.”

Related posts